Eternal Drain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Drain

Eternal Drain is a site made for Angels, Vampire and Werewolf Role Play. For creatures of the night, and the unfortunate human to fall into this world of night.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Last Leaf - Cafe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm

A deep night has befallen the city. The sunset was never seen, just gray to black as the dark clouds stayed strong in its downpour of rain... possibly a large collection of tears even to symbolize the great turmoil in the world's and darkness and light.

Even though everything seems to be closing down on the street, a strong flame-like glow of light stood strong. Emitting itself through the strong downpour. If you get closer, the green words of a freestyled ((Microsoft Word font)) sign read "Last Leaf".

It's underlined by something that looks like a branch and at the end it's attached to a red-orange leaf painted on the building.

It has one large window to the left of the door, silled in a dark brown and the painting of a tree outlining and following along it up the rest of the building, seems vast. Around the top half of the building (where people could have rooms rented) the tree is lush, full and green while as it goes down to the cafe half it begins to blend into a naked tree form with blended colors of orange, yellow and red (( the basic look )) surrounding it in almost a watercolor style, unnoticeable as leaves except for that specific leaf attached to the tree under the sign and curving around the top right corner of the black and gold door ((rimmed/outlined in the gold color)).
------------------------------------------------------
((behind the door))

"CHIN-MAE!" The 6'5" man says as he leans onto the counter while slamming on it with both hands, hunched shoulders and head hung low, his curly red/blonde hair covering his face.
"y-y-ye-YES, Boss!?" the young, and only, waitress replies as she clings to her round serving tray, basically using it as a shield.
The man then collapses onto the counter (legs moving back a bit, crossing and the right resting on the toe of the boot) and sighs as he sprawls his arms over the counter and turns his head, while still laying on it, on the counter to the look out the large window.

"... why are there no customers?..."
"well.. it is raining hard boss..."
Then he quickly turns his head to lay on the other side and looking to her
"that's the thing! we hsould be able to have more customers because it suddenly rained harder! We're usually he only one's ever open close to midnight like this! Where are those sover people!?..."
Then he slowly breathes in and sighs out, slowly lifting himself up to then just have his right elvow on the table as his head rests on it, the other arm curled in.
The tall, slim black-haired girl just stands still as she hugs the tray and utters "I'm sorry.., I don't know..."
The boss sighs as he walks ((kiyoshi - the girl - is in the back, stairs are near the front)) over to the end of the counter, that curves and attaches to the wall, about the middle of the cafe, lifts up the part that opens a path and walks towards her.

"You don't have to say sorry Kiyoshi..." he stands besider her ((Giulio's mind-)) well this part of town desn't really have a large mix of humans, I don't know how this girl got attracted here but whatever... I'll protect her.. even after she wants and chooses to become either like me or Miakoda.. even though i doubt he'll change her and neither will I...
He then quickly puts the girl in a, gentle, strangle hold. "EIYAAAAA!! B-OSS!" she squeals as she then grins and laughs holding onto his arm with both hands as she looks to the side at him but then clothes her eyes shut and begins to pull and kneel as she feels his semi-pressured noogie on her head.

"hehehe...gah!.. go grab a snack and take a break sweetz" he lets go, putting in one last tossle on her head with a little nudge away as she turns to look back with both hands on her head brushing along to her ponytail

Giulio's grinning now, hands on hips "I'll call you down when a customer comes or listen for the bell"
Kiyoshi smiles gently, straightens up (while pulling the tie out at the same time) she walks to the stairs and quickly jogs up them as Giulio combs his hand through his hair, just staring blankly at the door.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain is pouring down hard and yet there is still a man just walking through it calmly and easily at a quick pace, drenched with a hand combed through his short black hair and other deep in a jean pocket as he seems to be zoned into his own little world with a back pack that has, undoubtedly, the form of 2 short swords in it and oddly covered thickly in plastic.

This man would not be an easy target to jump, not just because of the swords but because he is doing the complete opposite of what he was seen as. If he seems to be zoned out he's actually on full/high alert, trying to catch every little sound, scent, sight or movement around him or general area fighting through the thick rain with his highly tuned ears and nose from the, often, deadly training of an assassin, filled with acts.

As all of his senses were on alert his eyes were concentrating on a familiar light he could see glowing through the rain. He sighs, quietly under his breath, as he grabs a hold of the golden door knob to the "Last Leaf" and without looking around (which could of made him seem suspicious he was sure) he turned the knob that was a close call back there, heh ((in which he grins at that moment)) looks like that black fae made her warning a true prediction.. good thing the night is dark and rain stronger than any typical day.. the angel could have found me.. could have. hehehe he thinks as he opens the door , his thought clearing as he hears the bell, grin fade, as the light of the cafe shines upon the lone figure of a quickly turning male vampire. Who's face and stance goes from 'ready to attack' signals and surprise to warm, relaxed with a grin, in seconds.

The door closes, "heh, you surprise me everytime wolf." Then both their attention moves to the ceiling, then stairs "WELCOME TO LA-... KODA!" she says as she then doesn't hesitate to run for a hug, which the asian wolf man dodges and Kiyoshi runs all the way across the room, the men still watching on, as she falls onto one of the cushioned benches of one of the cafe tables, quickly turning and sitting up with a frown and annoyed look (legs spread and hands on the corner) "That was Mean KoDa! You and Giulio SucK!" they burst into laughter, it slowly fading as the vampire tells the wolf of his usual room and moves over to sit with the girl as Keiji goes upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Man, I hate being trailed. It's as annoying as the gum that got in my fur that one time. Took me forever to get it it out...Cody breathed through his mouth as he peeked out the dumpster. He had jumped in several minutes ago after he had caught the scent of some lifeform trailing him. A person came into view of the alleyway and look into the alleyway. Cody halted all matter of breathing and sound. The stalkers eyes darted around the alleyway. The stalker left. Cody waited several minutes after he heard the footsteps fade before he jumped out of the dumpster.

He landed on all fours, snorted at the smell, and shook the water from his fur. Thankfully that dumpster was pretty empty or the smell would would be that much worse. He quickly transformed into human form. He smiled as he felt is clothes form around his body. Unlike other werewolves, he had the ability to transform between his forms without stripping or shredding his clothes. An added bonus was the minute transformation time. That is the last time I am caught without my .500...

He jumped the fence in the back of the alleyway and took a look at his surroundings; one thing peaked his interest. The sign of the building said The Last Leaf,"Must be a bar...wonder if they serve any food..."
He walked across the street, took one last look around the area, and walked into the restaurant.

He was quickly suprised to find that it was actually a cafe instead of a bar. There were three people. all of different scents.
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 pm

As the Keiji begins the treak to the old familiar room, he first glances back to the entrance in sensing something but he shrugs it off since he did not have any feeling of danger but he gives a nod and glance to the onlooking eyes of Giulio and the definite confused (but still annoyed) eyes of Kiyoshi. He grins then jogs the rest of his way up the stairs.. 1st floor... 2nd floor.. and finally the third floor.
The last floor isnt really like the other two, it has only a door - to his room. The asian man turns to his right (there is a picture on both walls before the entrance) slides the painting to the side a bit, finds a small square cut in the the middle of the wall (in correspondence to the painting) and pulls out a key. Uses it on the door, it unlocks and he goes in.
------------------------------------------

As the vampire sits down he smiles to Chin-Mae but glances back across the room to the stairs next to the main counter to see the wolf pause in his steps to look to the door, he glances as well (sensing something just as he did when Keiji was getting closer to the door) but just looks back to his old friend who gives him a grin and moves on his way. So he stays relaxed..

but then the bell rings and the door opens up to show the cafe a new being, a customer. Giulio instantly rises up and taps the table twice to get the girl's attention but he did not need to for she had already quickly stood up to bow and say "Welcome! to The Last Leaf Cafe." he grins then takes up a quick pace and moves on his way to his position behind the counter ((imagine up whatever you like for an order Smile but must say to still keep in logic of the cafe not being a true restraunt ya know. but it can hold liquor as well))

Kiyoshi holds the try under her left arm and lightly waves her right arm to her side pointing to the cafe "sit wherever you like and I will take your order. or if you sit at the counter, he will also gladly take your order." she says as her arm flows to point in the direction of Giulio who had straightened himself at the counter and was already prepared standing right next to the kitchen door which was also next to the drinks cupboard and machine, so he had a few cups ready and layed out as well. ((kitchen behind the counter, not visible though)) "yes you are our first customer of the night. so I shall give you a deal of a free choice in drink and free refills of it for as long as you are here."

However even though he keeps his voice nice and calm and his whole entirety emitting kindness. He keeps his eyes on the male who just entered from the door. For Kiyoshi is still human, even if she knows of all of the creatures that are usually known as mythical creatures to the average human. Plus even though he could sense much wolf he was curious why he could sense vampire as well, the curiosity makes me just keep grinning on as he waits patiently.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 pm

He smiled and chuckled at the girl's enthusiasm and watched and listened as she welcomed him and waved at the open seating behind her. He replied with a smile,"Thanks, I think I'll take my order from...He walked over to one of the two-seater tables...here." The table was located next to the middle of the counter which would allow enough movement if need be.

He saw down and ordered a ham and cheese sandwich with french fries and fruit cup on the side. For a drink he just asked for a glass of iced water and a cup of hot tea. As the waitress walked away he told her as an afterthought,"Could you also bring me a bottle of Tabasco with the sandwich, please?" (Let me know if this counts as god-modding with the girl...if it does ignore it)

As she went to the kitchen to process his request, he leaned back in his chair, put his hand behind his head, and closed his eyes. This did not he was fully alert; his ears and his noise were on high alert from his little incedent with the stalker less than an hour ago. Feeling like someone's eyes were boaring into his skull, he sighed, opened his eyes, and turned to the source. The middle aged man, vampire by the scent, with curly blond and red hair was stairing at him. Cody gave a thankful smile,"Thanks for the free drink....does that offer stand if just for the night or whenever I come back?"
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

((yea that was god-modding cause you moved my character without my permission (not trying to sound rude), also as an extra note try to use two parentheses if you go out of character (*shrug* all i know is this is what i was told to not get in trouble with the mods on off-white), but it's ok she did have to take your order and move away anyway. I wasnt planning for her to go to the kitchen but it was a good idea so, whatevz ^^ ))

Kiyoshi Chin-Mae gives a slight bow in reply and follows the man silently from behind to his seat ((just to let you know her apron (obviously I guess) has a nametag ^^" and same with Giulio my vampire)), she takes his order, gives another slight bow and goes off into the kitchen to make his order as she passes Giulio who diverts his attaention a bit to make his drinks', of an iced water and cup of hot tea, before looking again as he casually walks out the counter 'door' and goes over to him.

He just blinks a moment and walks around the momentarily resting man as he spoke to him. He goes to the side of the table, grabs the little black, japanese design, tea cup and places it before the man as well as place a small black cushion-like piece on the table as he puts a little matching tea kettle on it. Then he closes his eyes, gives a slight bow and places the water glass on the table gently ((sort of with dignity or otherwise gentleman style)) as he puts his pinkie first then the cup with one arm holding the tray behind him.

Once he stands straight again, he has both hands behind him, holding the tray, and looks to his customer with a sensual grin as he replies to his words.
"As I've said, Just for the night, which may be all you are here for but if you stay in one of our rooms the deal still stands for I said 'as long as you are here'.

I take in anyone and I keep my word at the Last Leaf, I made this place as a sort of safe haven, I protect and defend any customer who is here..

As im sure you already know by what I am as well as the girl.. she is human but knows of us. I must warn if she is abused or changed by a customer my deal is broken and will turn on them..

Well that is all. Is there anything else you would like sir?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((sorry think this part is a bit fail, lost what i had before))

Keiji gently swings open the familiar old door to the familiar old room. Nothing was dusty, it was taken care of as his old friend said hehe.. i doubt i will ever see this place dusty and old, will i? he thinks with a cheshire-like grin as he walks onto the wooden floor of the little hallway that began and ended just as long as the coat rack that was around 58 inches long with about 5 inches or so from the corner with the door and the end of the little wall to separate the entrance from the other room.

He pushes the door as he goes in, letting it click shut on its own, as he kicks his boots off and lets them land where ever at the entrance. As he walks on past the coat rack wall, to his right was the small kitchen and the door to the only bathroom ((that was on the other side of the small hallway at the entrance, the wall across from the wall with the coat rack)) and to his left was the large room that he called the living room ((it has a large couch with a flat-screen tv (that does not go on the wall), music/stereo system, fake plant, 2 large windows and on the far side (right in front of another wall that was next to a door that led to his room) was a bookshelf and desk with chair)) He goes straight past the kitchen all the way across the entrance, and without going down the other hallway ((which led to the little laundry room, door shut, and the guest or otherwise the current storage room))

He opens the door, peels off his bag and lays it right next to the entrance, which was also where the other bookshelf was, walks straight to his dresser ((which was on the side wall, was in the middle and had two windows (like the living room and the same wall))). Keiji opens two of the drawers and begins to peel off his drenched closes.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 am

(Sorry about the god-modding. I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.)

Ask they were getting his drinks, his ear twitched as they caught the shutting of a door. He glanced over to the steps and was slightly curious as to what was up there,"Probably some extra rooms..."

Cody took the tea in his hands and took a sip as he listen to Guilio speak. The scent of the tea along with Guilio's beverage retort caused him to smile. His lightsome mood darkened and his chocolate eyes began to shift to black when the man spoke of doing wrong to the girl. He put the cup back onto the table, took a breath, and looked him in the eyes,"I wouldn't even consider that. That is not my idea of fun. If I something like that would happen to that girl...,"a low growl of a wolf mixed in with his voice,"I don't like getting involve in conflicts, but I would chase down the guy and give him a shredding to remember."

With that off his chest, he lightened up as did his eyes,"And yes, I do know that you are a vampire. Vampires have a very distinct smell." Cody touched his nose,"But I have nothing against you or your kind unless you give me a reason. There is another thing. You said that you this place is a haven of sorts, what do you mean by haven?" He figured he knew why but asked anyway.
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 am

((no big. was minor, ya know ^^' hope my post is ok..))

As Giulio finished, he just stood patiently unmoving of either body or expression as he looks calmly with a warm grin to his customer, in a formal butler style, as he listened staring carefully back into his changing eyes. ...interesting (he thought as something clicked about his dark changing eyes and, different than usual, wolf scent).

"Thank you sir, I will take your word for I do not judge my anyone who enters here. I just warn them as a precaution... since, you know I assume, there is much turmoil going on, conflict among the night creatures still when we must also watch for those of the light.. the many crazy angels thirstily hunting us hunters... too many idiots, ignorant and uncontrollable ones, in my point of view..."

He gave a little nod as well when he mentioned his vampire scent.
"mm.. I think that applies with everyone, for same here and dont worry I take no offense.. After all, I sure you may have darkness in your memories as well huh? but that's my assumption, there is no difference anymore if one new person hates me for what I am..."
he glances down and his eyes quickly dart to the kitchen door behind the counter ((he left the counter "door" open)) and gives a big grin with ahint of mischief.

Then Giulio gives a slight bow "Excuse me" he grabs and pulls the seat out across from his customer and sits down casually now; elbows on table, hands folded in each other and under his chin.

Still warmly smiling he looks into the others eyes
"Haven... Everyone who enters here is treated equal and all must understand it. Angel, all were- types, vampires, mixes of all types, humans, etcetera.."

Then the kitchen door slowly opens as a long black ponytail and the back form of a female pushing the door open ((backing out... I think I just go confusing there, sorry)), turns (to then see her holding a tray on her arm with the order of hand and cheese sandwich and french fries on one plate and a small bowl of mixed fruit beside it.) the door shuts as she walks through the counter opening across from her.
"Was that clear enough sir?"

It's noticeable as Kiyoshi blinks a couple of times in one second as she looks on to the 2 at the table before her, seeming a bit bewildered for a moment but as she gets closer it clears up as she's warmly grinning and reaches the side of the table and carefully places the meal before the man with the drinks.

"Here you go sir.. is it ok? need anything else?"
She waits patiently for a bit with the tray held below her with both hands but Giulio sensed something as she wasn't huggin it like she always does.. as she spoke to her customer with kindness and serenity in her voice.

Kiyoshi quickly moves her attention from the lightly tanned man to Giulio (and in a joking/sarcastic tone)
"What can I do for you sir?" and Giulio replies in the same way "Weell..."
"Boss! Are you being rude again!? What are you doing slumped there for!?"
She glances to Cody "It you'll excuse me" she lifts the tray up and swipes it down across his head.

Giulio leans back with a hand on his head now, eyes closed and with a face scrunched up as if he was going to say ((he mouthes it though)) "ow" . He sits forward again to look at her, hand down, "you're lucky I'm a loving lenient boss."

She scowls at him, then warmly looks to Cody and bows, then walks to the back of the counter and begins to do a bunch of little things ((like place her tray down and clean))
Giulio stands, bows with a grin, and pushes the chair back into place.
"Just talk to me if you want a room or Chin-Mae if you want anything else til this storm clears or if you wish to leave and must pay."

Then he walks over to the counter stools and sits down sideways ((basically a side is to Chin-Mae and a side to Cody as he's facing toward the door and stairs)) he leans an elbow on the counter and rests his head on his hand as he watches Kiyoshi go into the kitchen to clean as he stares out the large window ((in between the door and stairs))
-------------------------------------------

Now with dry clothes on ((dark jeans and a plain black tank on)) and shower done, he has a towel casually over his head and a hand on it lazily finishing up drying his short black hair as it lightly brushes it down the back of his head to let the light blue towel rest on his shoulders as he opens his fridge to pull out a bottle of lemon sweet Nestea, opens and drinks it as he closes the door ..wonder if Giulio has any new lineup jobs for me?... he closes the bottle holding it lightly in a hand as he combs the other through his hair as he walks over to the entrance, slips black flip-flops on along the way, grabs his key and walks out and down the stairs to the cafe.

Once he reaches the cafe floor he casually glances over as he opens his bottle and drinks from it again, closing it as he walks over to Giulio "Hey Giulio.. got anything for me?' as he casually looks to the man nearby sitting at a cafe table with a meal, guess he's a part of what I sensed earlier... interesting scent. vampire and wolf? new to me.." he shrugs it off and sits at the stool next to the vampire to sit facing him.
----------------------------------------------------------

Giulio blinks and looks up, leaning back a bit and letting his arm rest on the counter as he listens to the sounds of someone moving above. His attention moving to the stairs as the 5'10" tan, muscled asian man appears across the room drinking Nestea.

He grins and listens as he comes over.
"Nah, sorry Koda you've been gone a long while on your last mission so I haven't collected anything. Promise to search up later and collect tomorrow if you want a job so soon.. but I doubt I'll be able to get anything for your usual job so just work here for a while."

Keiji looks to the side blankly staring past the mixed night creature with them as he listened.
"mm... ok, sure thing. my usual pay for my board since it's always short.. dont know about this time as any other though.. but yea..."
Then all goes silent as Kiyoshi pops out from the kitchen door drying her hands on a small towel as she glances up to softly say "..hi.."
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

(And the Mod enters!!! XD)

She couldnt have been more pissed off after her day at "work" but leaving just as it started to pour, well you could say Denali was not one happy kitten. Her FBI then jacket did little to keep her warm and fully dry from the weather. Her hair used to be in a nice tight bun, but now strainds fell in her face and her bun was slowly coming undone. But her hair she didnt care so much for, unlike her new suit she had bought. She wore a black pinstripe suit pants and matching blazor.(suit) She wore black high heels which did nothing to keep her feet dry either.

Her day had gone from bad to worse. The meeting had been a total waste for her, seeing that she had just been eye-candy for the guys. Then getting a call that her apartment had caught fire and nothing was left pushed her to her limit. Storming down the sidewalk she whispered curses under her breath. Though it would seem she was wrapped up in her thoughts, she was on high alert. Which naturally she was being a werelynx, and maybe the only one in town too, and being an FBI agent.

The light from a building got her attention.They better have beer...She thought. It wasnt like her to drink beer at all only if something very very stressful had happened. She hurried to the Last Leaf. She had never been there but heck it was the only place open with warmth and food.

As she opened the door a flash of lighting let the sky. She swore if she was in her lynx form her fur would be on end. With a sigh she walked in and went right to the counter and sat down, then added a thump as she dropped her forehead down on the counter. For a moment she didnt want anyone near her,but she knew that that wish wouldnt come true. After all she was in a cafe so it was to be expected that a waitress would come over. But she didnt bother the left her head, taking the time now to figure out where she would live and get new..well everything. At least all her FBI stuff was left in her locker at work.
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 pm

((sorry gonna reply now cause.. yea. to attend to ^^" idk. just tell me if my posts may be long for either of you and ill try my best to shorten them ^^'))

The silence did not last long for soon Keiji looks behind him with Giulio's eyes following as they both look to the door, both expecting something as Kiyoshi just looks up at them with a 'what the hell' questioning look on her face at their sudden action.. and silence for that matter, she was curious but just goes on with wiping the counter (again) and putting the little towel to the side.

As then their sudden attention to the door was answered, in a way, and a woman of about 5 foot walks in dripping from the rain. Keiji looks forward again ((basically looking back to Giulio even though the vampire's attention was still on the door a bit longer)) just as the lighting strikes and he has opened his bottle to take a drink again.

Giulio's brows just raise a bit (without his eyes going wide, just his head tipping a bit upward at the little action) as the lady in heels, dark gray suit pants and an FBI jacket walks in from the pouring rain with her put up hair just a bit messy. Then he looks back to Keiji just as he's closing his bottle and putting it on the counter.

Keiji turns on the stool to cross his arms on the counter and hunch himself over it to rest his chin in the crook between his arms as he sits silently. Giulio turns on the stool as well but the other way, his elbows rest on the counter as he leans back on it and looking basically at nothing bur forward.

Kiyoshi just glances from them to the lady, quietly, as she goes straight to a stool near them to, basically, collapse on the counter with a thump. She smiles warmly but stays quiet as she picks up a nearby glass, goes to fill it with ice and water and then place it near the woman and with a soft, gentle tone "just tell me if you wish for anything miss.. we can provide towels and temporary clothes or room as well?.. ant the water is free.."

Then Chin-Mae just backs away and slowly walks out of the counter area to walk to the back of the cafe. She heads straight to the bathroom area of the cafe ((which is to the far left corner, only one for each sex. but there is also a door nearby that says [Employee's only].It's leads to another room. It's almost set up like Keiji's but this is where Giulio, mostly, lives but Kiyoshi is able to live in the little guest room section of the, somewhat, small area but she still has an apartment outside the cafe))

She goes straight to the door which has a sign that says [Employee's Only] opens it and goes in... she comes back out once more with a large white towel ... i guess this can do for now if she wants to use it and she goes over to place it on the stool next to the woman but on the other side away from the stool's near Keiji ((Giulio and Keiji are basically on the last two stools of the front row))

Last edited by PrismaSky on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm

(Hey Miss Mod! Eclipse, the reason my character recognizes Denali is because of the Jogging thread. This takes place after it for my character. Is that alright with you?)

Cody nodded as Guilio progressed through his conversation. He gave a smile of respect when Guilio explained why the Last Leaf was a haven for all different kinds of people. The subject that puzzled him was the area of the turmoil going on in the city he felt something was wrong since he had arrived but he wasn't quite sure what it was. At about this time, the waitress brought out his food. Once she had set down his plate, he tasted the food,"Tastes good, thanks."

After another bite, he took a sip of water...he nearly spit it out in laughter when the waitress, Chin-Mae by the nametag, slammed the tray down on Guilio's head. Cody just laughed and shook his head lightly. As he continued to eat, a new face came down the stairs and Guilio stood up and walked over to him. Cody guessed that they were friends. He sniffed...Werewolf[/i], so he doesn't discriminate. Having the sensitive ears a werewolf does, he catch bit and pieces about a job and room and board.

As he finished his sandwich a flash of lightning eminated from the window that was followed by thunder and the entrance of a newcomer of whose face was partly familiar. The scent that came to his noise was a familiar one. The scent was feline; the newcomer was dressed in business casual suit and heels. He looked closer and noticed the emblem which was embrodered onto her jacket. His face was then drawn to her frustrated and annoyed expression,"[i]She has the smell of anger as well."

"Well, I feel left out now," Cody noticed that everyone but him was at the counter. Being finished with his food he piled the stuff quietly onto one plate and brought his stuff to the counter next to Guilio. Their previous conversation was still bugging him.

"There is one thing that I quite don't understand and it might be because I just arrived here a few days ago," Cody hesitate as he searched for the words,"I may be dense or something, but what do you mean by saying that the city is in tumoil? I realize that the night-species don't always get along, but is it really that bad?"
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 am

(sure thats fine)

Denali's sensitive hearing caught allthe movement going on. She wondered why everyone but the one eating sat at the counter. As a glass of water was placed infront of her she looked up at the other female."Thanks hon.." She said softly, using the word hon out of habit. She stared into the glass of water lost in thought yet aware of the conversation going on.

Turning to the, werewolf by scent, who had asked about the city she gave a grim smile.Angels...they want us dead, that is everyone that isnt human or and angel. So they hunt us down, torture us to give the location of our friends, or just if your lucky kill you on the spot. Thats why it's best to act like a human, so low." She explained and glanced at the other girl. Denali guessed she knew everything, including that there were two werewolves, a vampire in the room, but she was sure she didnt know what Denali was. Even werewolves and vampires got confused but her strang scent.

Again she thought back, she only knew of one other feline in the city and he was a weretiger. Her thoughts led to her job again, working with mostly werewolves. There were times she truely hated werewolves. All but Ryker had shown disrespect towards her. Such as always trying to feel her up..though the last time that happen she punched the guy square in the face a few good times. She was always glade though she never told Ryker about that, thinking he might go in there and kill them all from trying anything on her.

With a soft sigh she took the towel and did her best to dry off."Damn rain... this is what i get for working late." She muttered softly. Trying to be pleasent for everyone's sake she pushed away her stress and anger."Names Denali Astraea. And..may i please have some soup? Any thing warm to chase the chill of the rain away?" She said softly and smiled.
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:29 am

((hey Verum, just wondering, is your chara still eating or done?))

Kiyoshi gave a slight bow to the lady as she gave her thanks, then went behind the counter again. As she tunes out any of the conversation since, even though she knows of them, she doesnt know of their troubles as what they are. She's just not afraid of them.

Keiji sat up a bit and looked down the counter as the werewolf vamp came over to join everyone and sit on the other side of Giulio, he does not introduce himself or answer his question, just says in silence analyzing ..yup definitely lots of conflict.. afterall im still hired for the job i have and most of the time by a were- or vamp and to dispose of another of the same or opposite to them...heh. not too many angels. soon after his though he turns to look over at the newcomer as she gave a reply to the man. ".. heh.. yup and they're still around and out even in this pouring rain.."

Chin-Mae looks up at there words ...i still get what they are and what can be out there but.. angels?
"..hey.. I know im a human and all.. but angels? I just cant possibly imagine angels being evil.. and yet I cant see the Boss and Koda being evil either as the human ways say they should be.. I'm not religious or anything but I was raised up this way, an ignorant way?..."
once she finished she quickly looked and moved over to Denali "Yes miss.. mm.. I'll go make you a nice medium bowl of pork and veggie miso soup... hehe. I was raised with that for when I was cold as well. It's nice and warm and has a good mix of flavors."
She says with a wide smile as she turns and heads into the kitchen before anyone could answer her question, well for her to hear.

Giulio sits and with a grin ((he's leaning a bit forward with both of his hands on the edge of the stool and legs spread)) as he watches Cody collect his stuff and move over to the counter right by him, and the vampire turns his stool to follow his movement until he was facing to the counter again as Cody sits down. "So if I may ask? what is your name or what do you wish to be called by? or do you like me to keep calling you sir? I am Giulio by the way" he finishes as he swipes a finger across his nametag for a second.

He listens carefully to his words and as he was about to reply he turns he attention to look down his shoulder, seeing only some glimpse of Denali as Keiji sits up some.. then waits as Koda speaks.
"..Well as the lady said, angels are a big part of it.. which Ko-... Keiji"

He says as he raises a brow to Miakoda, glancing at him as he hears him give a slight chuckle under his breath with a grin and head looking down at the counter as he looks to the side, toward them
Id figure he'd want only his real name given.. since he doesnt care much for the nicknames but he deals with it... guess that mean he cares. o-h dang. hehe. silly wolf
as he finishes his thought with as sigh

He says while looking blankly forward and transitioning to look to Cody ((at the period))
"has experienced many times, along with what I have to say. that besides the angels, many were- types and vampires still conflict greatly with each other even though we need to cooperate one day and have good numbers to stand up to these light creatures...

well in my point of view, plus I think it's stupid that many conflict on a fact that someone is really mixed or gives birth to or is born mixed even more..

I may be a pure vampire still but I bet they're just jealous or afraid that they could possibly have more forms than they, most often, pure blood relatives... but that's what Ive come to a conclusion to over the years of having this cafe and talking with so many interesting people...

and on that note we all share a human form, what's the big deal!? but whatever, guess it comes a part of having the human form, we all must hate something..."
he finishes with a sigh

Then soon after he finished and was somewhat leaning back a bit with his arms crossed behind his head and hands intertwined holding it. Just as Kiyoshi comes out with a tray and a big bowl of soup on it with a soup spoon "heh.. too much stereotyping." Chin-Mae raises a brow but, sort of, shrugs his words off as she goes to the front of Denali and places the tray on the counter below ((for everything on access to the waiter and waitress)) and picks up the bowl to place it near her, then a napkin and the spoon on top. (( the meal and spoon, exclude the tomatos ^^" ))
"I added a little something extra for you, enjoy." she says with a wide smile as she folds her hands in front of her a take a step back, waiting as well as wondering if they may answer her but she did not show it.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 am

(Character is finished eating and full. I botched up Keiji's name on purpose at the end. My character has heard both the nickname and the real name so he hasn't quite gotten down Keiji's name yet.)

Nice to meet you Guilio," Cody smiled as Guilio gave his name,"You can just call me Cody. There have been other nicknames, but let's just stick to Cody for now."

Cody listened to all three of them as they each shared their explanations and processed them in his head while they talked,"Chin-Mae apparantly knows of us, but seem to be sheltered from the conflict, if it's as worse as they say. Probably Guilios doing." He thought as an after thought as she headed into the kitchen to get the woman's order. Cody looked back at the woman at the table,"She blames it all on the angels. I know that there are hostilities but it really can't be that bad...can it? I mean hunting down and killing vampires and werewolves for wipe 'em out. Doesn't make sense...to me at least."

Once Guilio finished his explanation and his tangent, Cody leaned back on the stool and crossed his arms,"I agree with you on how much of a pain it is that everyone can't get along. I mean, in my travels I've met some nice people on all three sides. I guess it'd be too easy for everyone to get along." Cody took a breath and continued,"I'm convinced that there are conflicts in the city but I can't see it being as bad as you're making it out to be. It might be because I'm more of on optimist, but like I said, I just got here about two days ago."

At about this time, Chin-Mae came back with the Denali's order and placed it on the table. Cody watched what was going on. Then something in his mind clicked,"Wait a minute...I know her. She that girl I saw in the forest. should of known."

He turned his attention to the quiet and mysterious wolf,"Koja, wasn't it? What do you do around here?"
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Denali listened to them all and when the girl came back with a bowel of soup, she couldnt help but give her a warm smile."Thankyou, it looks wonderful." She said before taking the spoon and swirling it around in the soup thinking.

"You see there is this issue where Angels tink we are impure, demon, a cruse. So being as Angels are to purify the earth they want us killed. It ha gotten to the point of bloody wars in some places. Angels are doing what they think it right, doing their jobs. Yet the rest of us only want to live. If there is one of our kind that is murdering humans..well most would take care of the problem to stop them.

It is a never ending war...well not until Angels will come to terms with us. But like werewolves and vampires, angels keep themselves hidden. All the better to stalk us right? That and to not have humans involed, though there are some places where humans are helping angels kill our kind."

She paused to take a bite before continuing."But at least most humans are left safe..unless you have a crazy wolf or vampre..or the sorts killing them. But..thats why they end up dead..one way or another. Since im in the FBI i mostly work with werewolves..their sense of scent comes in handy for crimes. But we deal with our own kind, weither its just simple punishment or death."

The storm thundered on, making Denali edgy. A feline who hated water, the the electricfy intensity left her uneasy.She continued to eat, surprized by how hungry she was. When the sudden ear splitting thunder and lighting made the lights flicker, Denali had fallen out of her chair and raced off to the stairs. In her reaction to the storm she had taken her lynx form, curled up on one of the steps with her clothes thrown about her. Her golden eyes wih green speck were shut tight, while her head was tucked in to her chest.

There was nothing more than what she want to do but hide. From embrassment and the storm. It wasnt that she was really afraid of storms but if one was this bad this was her reaction. She couldnt explain but, but just say it was what happened.
Back to top Go down
PrismaSky

PrismaSky

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:11 pm

((hope this post isnt too much of a jumble ^^'))

"Alright Cody" Giulio says with a grin as he looks to Cody and listens to what he had to say. Only glancing back at the counter area as he hears movement before looking back.

Once Kiyoshi put down the meal, she somewhat tunes out their conversation, but still listening in on bits and pieces, unsure of what to do. She goes out the ((still open)) counter door, only glancing at Giulio for a moment but sure he won't care, she grabs one of the cafe chairs and brings it behind the counter to put it at the far opposite corner. Then she goes into the kitchen and after a couple minutes she comes back out with a plate with a plain white bread pb and grape jelly ((cut diagonally)) sandwich with a somewhat frozen strawberry smoothie cup with a spoon and straw in it. She goes over to the chair and sits down, placing everything on the counter, grab half her sandwich and bite off a corner.

Giulio pauses his thoughts and looks to Denali and listens carefully as she speaks
"There is much truth in the lady's words...mm.. I know I could be exaggerating but the hate I've seen has been greatly exaggerated as well. Guess I've mostly seen the bad sides but" he nods his head a second toward Keiji "It's part of my help. I'm pretty good at navigating around and on technology as well.", staying the way he was, he shrugs.

As things moved on around him Keiji just silently moved into a little tranquil peace within his mind, somewhat resting as he stares blankly at the counter or cupboard. Soon he blinks and turns his head to look to Cody, his brow raised a moment as he sits up again (while grabbing his bottle and beginning to mess with it) .. but then it's interrupted, not by the storm, but by the clash of noise so close to him after it. He cocks and turns his head to see a flash of fur disappear up the stairs from where Denali had been.

Giulio just turned his head to peek at the site not really wanting to ask or get close to the were-lynx knowing it is pointless to ask if she is ok if she had just ran away from something, so he just looks up at the ceiling as Keiji turns in his stool and is about to get up when((he doesnt really keep an eye on Kiyoshi much)), to he looks to his side ((away from the counter)) to see long black hair almost brush him on the face and just watches as Kiyoshi is, somewhat, jogging by and quickly grabbing the large towel she had left for Denali along the way as she heads for the stairs. So Keiji relaxes and just sits back down but he keeps half of his attention on the stairway as he turns back to face Cody.

"Koja? .. heh. that's new. No, my name's Keiji Miakoda but call me whatever you like." his voice quickly transitioning to a mellow tone. "me? well, when I'm around Last Leaf I can usually waiter or do odd jobs for the cafe but I have a consistent job I attend to and get paid for. Giulio is my provider of clients.. or customers.... my main job is just as a hired.. person, I guess I could say my soul's not gone yet, of sorts.. somewhat of a... tool. I know personally all the different hate that occurs. nothing great." he says with an emotionless grin and cold piercing eyes, trying to somewhat hint he's a hired weapon, in a way.
Then he just drinks the last of his Nestea and begins to mess with the bottle on the counter, sort of spinning it around.
------------------------

Kiyoshi quickly puts her food down and bursts out of her seat when she sees Denali's human form disappear, in a way, before her eyes soon after the loud crash of thunder and lightning of the storm. She ignores all the guys and quickly maneuvers herself from behind the counter, running the rest of the way as she grabs a towel along the way.
She heads straight for the stairs, knowing she saw something zoom up there. She stops at the bottom and positions an arm along her body and lays the towel over it as she quickly collects scattered clothes, folds them even, and lays them on the bottom step. Then she calmly walks up the stairs with a warm smile and unafraid of the storm or the fact she is seeing a live, colorful and most definitely frightened and curled up lynx cat before her eyes on one of the steps.

She prepares herself for an attack but doesnt show any fear still as she sits on the closest step and bundles the cat up in the towel. Then gently and carefully, while still smiling, curves her arm around Denali's lynx form to gently lay her hand on top of her with the crook of her arm close to her head, slowly moving her hand back and forth as she softly asks "not trying to be rude miss, so would you like to rest with a nice warm cup of tea in one of our rooms? you can choose, we have many open. The boarder beds are pretty comfy actually and I have lots of spare comforters and blankets... the storm will go away, this place is pretty sturdy. It's one, out of many, reasons why we call this place a sort of haven." she says smiling as she just kind of rambles on in a soft tone to the lynx she was completely sure was Denali.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Cody turned around on his stool and leaned back against counter. His head was starting to swim with all the information on the state of the city. He realized that if what Denali and the rest of the people here were saying was true, he would have to rest and leave in under a week. He didn't mind conflict, but he didn't really want to get involved if it wasn't his fight or if he didn't want to. He tossed several ideas around in his head while Koja explained what he did around the area.

Once Keiji was finished, Cody apologized,"Sorry about that. I'm not the best with names. I can remember a face most of the time, but I can't remember names for the life of me." Cody shrugged,"I'll just call you Koda then. It's easier to say and kinda catchy."

The rain began to fall harder and wind began to pick up. His mind and attention went back to what Denali had said about herself. No wonder she looks razzled, must have had a lousy day with the beauricrats. Ouch. He looked back outside the window as a flash of light briefly lit the darkness. Though Cody was pretty chill with many things, the booming thunder caused him to jump a little. He turned his head at the moving of a chair and the near silent pawsteps which led to the stairs. He followed the direction of the noise and notice some clothes on the floor and some fur sticking out behind the steps. Must have really been a lousy day. He saw Chin-Mae approach the Denali's lynx form and couldn't help but smile. Even a human has compassion on us and even we have weaknesses.

His sensitive ears caught what the waitress had said. So this place a haven, like the eye of a hurricane,"He mumbled.

He heard the rain began to light up just a tad,"The rain seems to be lightening up a bit. I think I'll take a chance and try to head back to the place where I'm staying."

He got up from his seat and began his walk to the door.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm

(forgive me for not posting for soo long..i had no muse for posting here)

Denali laid there and listened to movement by the counter she had been at. The sound of footsteps and something move across the floor. Before she knew it the girl was next to her wrapping her up in the towel and trying to comforte her. Naturaly Denali would have clawed someone's eyes out for doing such a thing, her natural instints too strange in the form to allow others to handle her. heck even in her human form no one could or would handle her. She rested her head on the girl staring off blankly with her golden, green specked eyes. She was soo tired, her stress had pushed her to the limit and she was sure she would stay in the form till sometime tomorrow. The soothe feeling of being petted, though very odd, relaxed Denali.Stay here? I could..and then figure out what to do with my self...She thought.

Then suddenly a phone went off making her lift her head up, ears perked. With a sigh she got up to walk down the stairs to her clothes. She pawed around till she got a phone out. Being that she had paws and not hands the phone fell and slid across the floor into the open where the others could see it. Gracefully her made one leap down to the phone and opened it with her teeth. She was glade she had done with before and had it down."Hello.." Her voice had a hint of a purr and a soft almost seductive tone. It was always like this in her lynx form. She listened to the person on the phone go on and on about her appartment."I NOW!" She finally snapped, twitching her lil tail."I'm in no mood to deal with you! And stop calling me before i put charges on you!" She hissed and pawed at her phone till it closed. She sat down and shook her head slowly from side to side.

Glancing back at the girl she gave a smile as best she could in her lynx form." A room would be wonderful...thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Verum

Lupus Verum

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:46 pm

(sorry for the long absence. I had finals, had to travel home, and these past two weeks have been busy. As a warning, I'm not on as much over the summer. Good to be back. By the way, anthro form refers to the Cody's half werewolf form)

"See ya all later," Cody waved to those inside.

He took one last look at the cafe before he went outside. Sure enough, the rain had died down somewhat. He looked both ways to make sure the coast was clear. Seeing that it was he began walking left. He mulled over the conversations over his meal. He didn't quite believe them...But I'm gonna keep an open mind on this. Last thing I want, is to get involved in a war. Cody took a peek behind him and glanced at the rooftops. After being certain, by sight and by smell, he disapeared into the nearby ally. I wonder if that person following me was out for my blood...hope not...oh well, it's not gonna do me any good worrying about it.

He began to shift into his Anthro-form. Unlike the werewolves he had met thus far, he could shift in an instant if he desired. He felt his nails on his feet and hand morph into claws. He felt his tail form. Fur grew across his body as he his muzzle and teeth formed. In less than a second he was finished. He opened his eyes and cracked his neck. Much more comfortable. Cody preferred one of his fur forms over human form, the two legged one his most favorite of the three. With the invisibility his fur gave him, he dashed onto the rooftops and disappeared into the night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Leaf - Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Leaf - Cafe   Last Leaf - Cafe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Leaf - Cafe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Drain :: The Role Play :: In The City-
Jump to: