Eternal Drain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Drain

Eternal Drain is a site made for Angels, Vampire and Werewolf Role Play. For creatures of the night, and the unfortunate human to fall into this world of night.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In the dreary city

Go down 
+2
starryeyes880
Darknessinthelight
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mithril

Mithril

In the dreary city - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 am

Time passed and not much happened, maybe Tom could be a patient guy but all that waiting was boring him and making him yawn so frequently; putting his gun in the rig the guy sat in the edge of the building and looked down, nothing was happening in that place, it was silent and empty with the exception of some trash cans, as could be expected from any another alley, turning his head a bit he tried to hear something but only the common bustle of the diner could be heard.

More time passed and Tom was still waiting, but this time sleep was the attacker hidden in his boredom, his eyes closed some times before and he knew it was a big chance to fall asleep and fall off from the roof if he kept waiting, but his stubborn attitude made him stay and as he predicted he fall asleep and from the roof too.

Landing over the trash cans and hitting the hard concrete ground with his back Tom cursed himself for allowing that happen, specially because he knew the results, rolling a bit to his side he felt a twinge of pain crossing all his body and without believing it that pain sharpen his senses, allowing him to hear someone was coming out, and that wouldn’t be a hard task especially since that person was yelling and cursing.

Hardly and heavily breathing Tom needed to find a way to avoid being caught there, or at least in his human form, not only for the fact of embarrassment, it was to eliminate any possible question or suspect of what he was doing there; not finding any other escape way in that moment he shifted into his wolf form, the process was fast but still felt strange, Tom wasn’t really used to shift because he didn’t do it frequently, the only times when he do it were when he was in danger and his wolf form helped him to escape and the few times he felt in the mood to play with Troy.

The back door opened in a bang and a woman appeared from behind it wielding a broom and staring at the dumped cans, ”Come out you damn bastard”, the human female yelled in an angry voice; walking closer to the cans and lifting the broom ready to hit whatever thing got out of the mess; not being happy with what he was ready to do, he started his act and got out from between the cans whimpering and with the look of a sad and stray pup.

Thomas only had the chance to show his head when he saw the broom moving heading towards him, closing his eyes he was ready to receive the impact in his face but at last minute the broom changed its direction and missed him for not too much, the breeze caused by the movement touched him and he dropped his ears even more; not knowing why he wasn’t hit made Tom wander what happened but he wasn’t able to open his eyes, fear took control over him and petrified him in his place until he heard the soft noise of wood being put in the ground and felt the touch of a hand petting his cheek fur.

Feeling the touch the dark furred wolf opened his eyes surprised and stepped back, what is going on?, he asked in his mind finding the girl in front of him, ”Come on puppy, don’t be scared, I’m sorry if I frighten you but I believed it was another dog”, the waitress said to him lifting and closing her hand to him, inviting him to get out; keeping his act of stray pup, Tom got close to her hand and smelled it, he could get a fine smell of a perfume that suited her, a delicate smell of lilies, relaxing a bit with the aroma, Tom gave a short lick to her hand and stepped forward; smiling the human girl received him with both hands, which ones started to pet him in his face, head and chest, but stopping when they found the gold chain and the wolf pendant hanging from his neck.

Getting her head closer to watch what she discovered a fast squeak escaped from her throat, leaving the pendant her hands aimed to his right leg, and with both hands she forced him to lift his paw, allowing her to watch closely his gold bracelet, ”What kind of dog are you?, you look like a wolf but I’m not a vet to know about that, but of something I’m sure, if you have this expensive jewelry with you, you must be the exotic pet of some crazy and rich guy, so that means the chance of a reward for getting you back exists”; the new smile and shine in the girls eyes didn’t liked him a bit, it was of pure greed but after all he managed to avoid lifting suspects in how he ended there.

Hugging him one last time before standing and grabbing him by his scruff with her left hand, she forced him to walk through the back door to get inside the diner again but this time in the kitchen; Tom didn’t presented any opposition because he knew if he did it that waitress won’t be happy losing her reward and the fact that being inside the place he could make a fast inspection and find out if he only had a paranoid feeling, but first he needed to take care of his stuff that was laying between the trash cans, so with only some focusing he made all his clothes, weapons and other things to banish and appear in his place.

When the door closed behind him, the girl released him telling to wait her there, Tom tilted her head at her words like he didn’t understood them causing her to laugh softly while she walked away; as her steps sounded far enough the dark wolf started with his plans and walked towards one door that gave him access to the main area, that ended being easier than he expected, maybe because no one expected to find a canine walking in the kitchen and that he didn’t stepped in anyone’s way; the door Tom reached didn’t had a knob so he only pushed it to end behind the bar, smiling pleased he headed towards last the place he saw that strange guy and his girlfriend.

Peeking from the corner of the bar he only saw the guy that had the strange looking (Lucius), but no one else was there, turning to the other side he only managed to watch a girl with a bag entering in the bathroom, sighing Tom started to accept the fact that he was a paranoid one and that he should leave, but a curious smell make him think of it twice, that smell was like something burning, Maybe the cook forgot something on the stove, he thought but the smell was coming from the bathroom not the kitchen; walking slowly to be as much silent as he could he headed towards the bathroom door.

Reaching his goal Tom dropped his head a bit to let his nose catch the air that escaped from the place through under the door, many smells and scents were present, making everything to be confuse, the main smell belonged to the presence of fire, but he could catch the scent of werewolf, a vampire and angels; as the last word popped in his mind hi eyes open wider and turned to watch that strange looking guy, What the hell is he thinking being there? Tom thought not believing he didn’t noticed what was happening.

Heading towards him in a rush Tom thought what he could say to him but as soon as he got to his side the dark furred male find out he only had an option, so he scratched his leg with one of his paws trying to get his attention, Hey you, better rush or your girlfriend will be dead, there is an angel, or two in the bathroom, i'm not sure but you know what they mean for us, Tom’s voice was trembling but he managed to say that loudly enough and without yelling, so the guy could hear him.
Back to top Go down
Taxtm

Taxtm

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:44 pm

The mutt managed to dive out of the way just in time, and even shifted in the process, and now she stood in complete wolf form facing Gabriella. But really, that didn't matter much. The little mutt was still going to fry, and all she was doing now was prolonging the inevitable and making things a little more of a pain.

"And how are you getting out of here once the place is up in flames? I don't see any exit for you once you've trapped everyone in here. Sure, you can walk out the door, but how many will you let out with you? Unless you're immune to burns?"

"Well, as a matter of fa-

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something?" Gabriella was cut off by another voice, one that was somewhat familiar. Holding up her hand to the shrinky-dink wolf, she glanced back at the door, and her smile grew even larger. "Ooh, little doggie, you're REALLY in trouble now! Welcome to the fray Maya! Long time no see! Glad to see you finally decided to show your face and help out a bit here!"

Gabriella gestured with her gun-hand to Maya for her to come over, but she stopped as she observed Maya. Something seemed off about her. She was just standing there. A moment later, a brunette in a green blouse came through the door as well, and stood by the wall near Maya. The weirdest thing was, the Hiatus Angel just kinda stood there without even attacking the newest girl to enter the room. There was no grabbing her and holding her down, no preparation for seizing her, no nothing!

"I thought you might need this." The brunette said as walked to the nearby stalls, and tossed a bag towards Anja. It was the same bag that Anja had had with her at the table! And all the while, Maya wasn't doing a thing to stop her! The bag slid on the ground, and all Gabriella could do was watch it in confusion, before turning to Maya.

"Maya, what are you just standing there for? Get in gear and help me out by seizing that one! She turned her attention back to Anja and held up her gun to her, taking aim. It was time to start the slaughter, and Anja would be the first to go.
Back to top Go down
starryeyes880

starryeyes880

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 am

Anja glanced to the door as it opened and then froze. A second angel? How had she failed to notice another in the diner. She silently cursed herself for being so focused on Gabriella that she hadn't noticed anything else going on around her. But the new angel, who's name was apparently Maya... wait... Oh god, no I'm done for... Maya's name was known amongst her kind. She and her brother, Tyson, were said to be quite the deadly duo. Rumour had it that no creature of the night ever escaped when they were being hunted by the siblings. But Maya did nothing. She stood there. She didn't do anything when the girl Anja had started talking to earlier walked in either. The teen girl smiled as her bag was tossed to her. While Gabbie was distracted, she shifted back to her human form and quickly reached into the bag, grabbing the two paintbrushes. In an instant, the paintbrushes were replaced with knives and Anja was grateful for the technology that enabled her to carry her weapons around without them ever being noticed. She stood defensively, preparing herself to fight back. She knew she stood basically no chance against two angels, even with Melissa in the room, but she wasn't going to be taken down easily either.

She watched Gabriella and prepared herself as the angel took aim with her gun. She had a strong feeling the bullets weren't average, as any angel knew that shooting a werewolf with regular bullets would not necessarily kill them. Anja knew that if Gabriella was so intent on killing, the bullets would most likely be silver. And if this was the case, then it wouldn't matter where she got shot, whether it be chest, head, or arm; it would eventually kill her. And if the bullet was silver and hit her somewhere other than where it would cause an instant death, dying would be far longer and far more painful. No, no... Musn't dwell on if's. Focus, Anja. She knew there was no way she was dodging a bullet, so it was time to use her head. Anja wasn't sure if her judgment was right, but it was worth a shot. Gabriella seemed to delight in pain and suffering. So the werewolf went with the only thing that she figured would keep the angel from shooting her. "Coward." One word. One simple, short word. And yet it could sting the hardest of souls. If Anja wasn't horribly mistaken, Gabbie would at least pause.
Back to top Go down
khloe

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:31 am

"Ooh, little doggie, you're REALLY in trouble now! Welcome to the fray Maya! Long time no see! Glad to see you finally decided to show your face and help out a bit here!" What? Lilith was instantly confused at the other angel's greeting. Maya? Who was Maya? And why was Lilith being addressed by this name? Something was off and the angel knew it. It was a short couple seconds later when it dawned on her. This other angel knew something about her past and who she was. Either that or she had Lilith completely confused with someone else. But the other angel seemed so certain. "I thought you might need this." Lilith glanced at the girl that walked in and tossed a bag over to the wolf, who shifted and swiftly pulled out two paintbrushes which were quickly transformed into knives. Clever. Things were beginning to spin out of control and Lilith knew that if she didn't act fast, Lucius' vision would come true. "Maya, what are you just standing there for? Get in gear and help me out by seizing that one!" Okay, so this other angel clearly knew her. But why wasn't her face familiar at all? Something was still missing in Lilith's memory and she was determined to eventually figure out what.

Lucius sat at the table, impatiently drumming his fingers on the surface of it. He failed to notice the wolf walk over to where he was seated. The canine remained unnoticed until he started speaking. "Hey you, better rush or your girlfriend will be dead, there is an angel, or two in the bathroom, I'm not sure but you know what they mean for us." Lucius nodded. He knew that by girlfriend, the wolf meant Lilith. He also now knew why he had figured the two girls were so important. One was the angel from his vision. And now Lilith was in the bathroom with her. "Well, I can assure you that my, um, girlfriend, is not in harm's way. I know this is going to sound really strange, but please just listen. The second angel is the girl that was with me. She doesn't remember anything of her past and I'm trying to see if we can't work out a treaty of some kind with at least some of the angels. But as for anyone else like us in the diner, there is trouble." He stood up and walked to the back of the diner and stood at the door to the girl's washroom. He couldn't just burst in there, but he couldn't leave Lilith to be recognized by the other angel. "Did you just call me Maya? My name's Lilith." Too late. Lucius opened the door and walked in to see more people than he had expected. "Coward." The words came from the girl standing defensively with two knives in her hands. Oh lord, she was taunting the other angel.

Lilith looked to the door as it opened mere seconds after she asked the other angel about being called Maya. Lucius walked in and she looked back at the group that was slowly growing. She knew that Lucius would want nothing more than to get her out of the situation, but she didn't care now. She was curious as to what this angel knew about her and her past. And since Lucius wasn't giving her the information she was looking for, the angel would have to do as a source. She wasn't sure what Lucius would do, but one thing was for certain: the werewolf girl was in danger of being killed. The girl challenged Gabriella with a simple word and Lilith wondered who the angel would answer to first. She hoped that either way, the angel would hesitate for at least a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Taxtm

Taxtm

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Gabriella took aim and pressed her finger slightly against the trigger, when she heard the last thing she could ever expect to hear from behind her. "Did you just call me Maya? My name's Lilith."

Gabriella froze as her mind reeled back to all the times she'd seen Maya, and in her head, she compared those times and mental pictures to what the girl behind her now looked like. What? she asked nervously. [/i]No... but you're... you look... I... I'm not wrong. You ARE Maya, I know it! But then... why...? Unless you...[/color][/i]

Her hand started shaking slightly. There was no mistaking it, the girl behind her WAS Maya, but this meant that there was now a possibility that Gabriella could have never planned for. For whatever reason, Maya, a fellow Angel, was now saying she wasn't who she was, and that meant that she could be on... THEIR side. If that was the case...

Gabriella now began shaking slightly more noticeably. She could take down all of whatever they could throw at her when it was just her against the creatures of the night, but she knew very well how strong Angels were trained to be, and an Angel on their side meant... well, it meant that she was in deep trouble if it came to all of them against her. Gabriella glanced out of the corner of her eye at the nearby mirror, and through it, could see a glimpse of Maya behind her.

"Coward."

Gabriella's eyes shot back to Anja and she saw that the mutt now was back in her human form, and even had daggers as well. Her blood began to boil, and she felt rage coming on. She now shook violently, but for a whole new reason. The word kept ringing in her head.

Coward. Coward. Coward. Coward.

She pulled the trigger and fired at Anja, missing by mere inches.

"You... YOU!!!! I'LL SHOW YOU COWARD!!!!" She screamed. She pulled the trigger again and again, firing all 5 of her remaining rounds at Anja. She kept pulling the trigger even after she ran out of bullets, before she realized that she wasn't doing anything by doing so, and she threw the gun to the ground. Her body began shaking violently, and blue flames burst from her hands, rising up her arms, and growing in size.

This was it! She was gonna take out the whole building in one big boom! They'd all pay for making a mockery of her!

"ALL OF YOU... DIE!!!!!! The flames engulfed her, and though her own flames didn't burn her skin, she felt like her whole being was burning from her rage, and a moment later, her jacket caught on fire, along with her other clothes, and as it burned away, her second revolver that she'd had stowed away in her jacket fell to the floor, and the metal under-armor she wore began to show through. She didn't care what anyone in the building did now. Her entire focus was on increasing the size of the flames that now engulfed her completely.

[OOC: Yeah, I know, she's kinda going a bit overpowerful here, but really, this IS the first of many fights to come hopefully, so obviously things'll change a lot and she won't seem so strong later.]
Back to top Go down
starryeyes880

starryeyes880

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Anja jumped at the first gunshot and her heart started pounding as she realized just how close it had been to her. That was not the reaction she had anticipated. But at least the angel had missed. "You... YOU!!!! I'LL SHOW YOU COWARD!!!!" Bullets started flying at Anja and the teen werewolf did her best to avoid them. Four bullets whizzed past her, barely missing. After the fifth and final shot sounded, pain seared through her left arm. Anja looked down to see that Gabriella had managed to hit her target. She dropped the dagger in her right arm in order to put pressure on the wound. She needed to get it out soon, but she didn't have time to think about it at that very second. She turned her attention back to Gabriella, who was becoming engulfed in flames. "ALL OF YOU... DIE!!!!!!"

So, that plan had backfired. There was no fighting this angel now. The most important thing would be getting everyone out of the diner... which was going to prove difficult, as the door had closed behind the werewolf male that walked in and the handle was still red hot. But Anja knew something that Gabriella did not. She was not immune to burns like the angel, but she had never worried about getting them. She had learned at a young age that burns were one of the easiest things for her to feel, as there was usually only skin damage, no muscle or bones. She wove around the people in the bathroom and made her way to the door. Reaching it, she stood there momentarily, mentally preparing herself for the pain. Three, two, one... She moved her hand from covering the wound on her arm and grabbed the door handle, turning it as fast as she could. She groaned in pain, but did not let go until she had swung the door open. Holding it open with her foot, she let go of the handle and turned to everyone in the bathroom.

"All of you, get out! And clear the diner! I have a feeling this place isn't going to survive!" Gabriella may be able to burn down the building, but Anja was going to get as many innocent people out as she could, especially the humans. She stood still, her foot holding the door open, a hand badly burned, and an arm covered in blood. "GO!!!" She wasn't going to move until everyone was out of the bathroom. Then she would help getting people out of the diner and to safety. She closed her eyes, focusing on healing the burn, but not letting the bullet wound heal. If that one healed, it would be very painful and give the silver much more time to get into her blood and poison her.

Last edited by starryeyes880 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glintfur

Glintfur

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Another person entered the room, but that didn't surprise her. It seemed the angel in the middle was going crazy. She shot very close to Anja, but then shot several more times till she dropped her gun. The word Coward had defiantly taken it's toll on the poor girl. Anja, had been shot though from the pain etched on her face. Melissa took a step towards her, but was stopped as the insane nasty smelling angel turned into a rod of flame. The shimmering colors fascinated her, the exact opposite effect that it should have done. She had done her job to give the daggers to her werewolf friend without falling because of her health condition going way down, but now at those colors the mental condition began to go as well.

Anja went by her and opened the door without her noticing, but when the girl shouted for them to get everyone out of her she went back to reality. The room was turning again, but she managed to figure out that the bathroom door was open. A waft of cool air welcomed her and the dizziness stopped, but instead of the diner she saw snow. Blinking twice, it became the diner again. Not a good place to snap! Looking at Anja, she became very worried about how much pain she was in, but listened to her. As she went out, she reached for Liilith and began to drag her to the door. When they passed Anja she looked with concern at her, but nodded.

Lilith could be on her own now, hopefully with the werewolf that had just came in with them would help her out. Making her way to the front, she screamed. "Fire! Everyone get out! Fire! Hurry up and go!" Melissa went around the entire diner screaming it as she made her way to the front and opening the door for people who began to rush out, they were all humans though, not a vampire or werewolf had left yet. The waiters, the cooks, the random dine ins had begun to cleared out without a 'why?'. There needed to be more open doors so she ran to the back exit and slammed it open. Turning back, she went into the main room and saw that all the humans had left. "We need to go!," she spoke loudly for everyone in the diner to hear her. It took a lot of courage for her to stand up in front of a room full of werewolves and vampires, but she did it. When she looked towards a booth she saw a big wolf which was of course a werewolf. Fear gripped her a bit, but she calmed down. They needed to get out.

Last edited by Glintfur on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starryeyes880

starryeyes880

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:22 pm

((edited. this post will also be deleted once mithril's next post is up ^^ sorry about the mix-up))
Back to top Go down
Mithril

Mithril

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Thomas concern turned to be confusion as that guy told him his girlfriend, if that was the way to call her, was indeed an angel, but one without memories; thinking it was a bad joke Tom accepted the fact that really sounded strange as that guy said, but his plan showed to have future, but only if that angel girl didn’t got influenced by other angels and returned to be another of them.

As the guy finished talking and in some way asking Tom to keep the secret, he got up and headed towards the bathroom; the dark furred wolf only followed with his eyes that strange guy until he entered in the bathroom as well; “there must be a good party inside that place” Tom could think if his mind wasn’t working in sort the new information he received, still he didn’t managed to catalog it as a lie or something else.

Not must time passed before ‘the party’ inside the bathroom got more dangerous and noisy, and the confirmation 5 bullet rumblings, which ones make Tom to startle a bit again and this time allowing him to react is other way that only watching the door from under the booth, walking towards the place he stared at the door thinking of what could be better to do, and in that precise moment the door opened, letting him to watch inside and immediately his eyes and mind got trapped by the amazing and beautiful colors and show that deadly blue flames created.

"GO!!!", was yelled by the voice of a young female, a werewolf by her scent, that was increased by the presence of her blood; her voice and yell distracted Tom from his contemplation of the deadly flames to only fall in the urgent need to attack the one that wounded her watching her blood covered arm, but he didn’t had the chance as a pair of females darted out of the place forcing him to return under the booth to not be an obstruction.

Thomas followed with curious eyes at the girl that was now acting as safe guard, taking all the humans out of the diner and then stopping in the main room leading or inviting the ‘rest’ to leave too, but the most curious fact was when she found him under the booth and for a moment she looked at him with a speck of fear; noticing that Tom just grant her a wolfish kind smile and the soft wagging of his tail.

(( Thanks for doing the fixing girls, and don't worry, mistakes happen; so here is the long waited post))
Back to top Go down
Taxtm

Taxtm

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 am

(OOC: Well, for the moment, there's not much I can add as far as what's going on currently, so I guess I'll add some other elements to the post to keep it from being too short.)

Bigger... bigger! Gabriella's flames needed to grow more! They weren't NEAR big enough for what she wanted, no, what she NEEDED to do. Gabriella clenched her teeth harder as her eyes stared raging at the bathroom wall, though there were no visual signals being sent to her brain at this point. She was literally blinded by her fury. Every muscle in her being flexed as hard as it could, and it still wasn't enough to satisfy the Angel's thirst.

Harder! HOTTER! PUSH HARDER!!!! MAKE IT HOTTER!!!!!!

The flames grew outward now, having reached the ceiling, and having no other place to go yet. Soon, the room itself was engulfed, and could she have been able to see, Gabriella wouldn't even be able to catch a glimpse of the walls around her due to the density of the flames in the room.

Gabriella's mind was consumed by only two things: Her need to burn everything around her, and the constant vision replaying in her head of Anja standing there, saying that despicable word over and over. In her mind, the mutt was smiling even, taunting her, laughing at her.

cowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcowardcoward

"You're such a freaking coward, Highwater"

The voice of an old torment rang out, finishing Anja's taunts in Gabriella's head. She'd shown him though! She'd shown THAT bastard EXACTLY what a "coward" she was! He was burned to crisps, and she was in the ranks of the highest angels!. She'd burned him until there was hardly anything left, and that was what she was going to do again, and they'd ALL see what a "coward" she was! Noone would EVER call her a coward again!!!!!!!

The flames began to change in color, growing paler in shade, turning closer and closer to white, as they suddenly shot up in size, now burning a hole through the ceiling, and already reducing much of the bathroom to objects made of pure ash and rubble, simply not having collapsed yet.
Back to top Go down
khloe

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:18 pm

What? No... but you're... you look... I... I'm not wrong. You ARE Maya, I know it! But then... why...? Unless you...

"Damn!" The angel had recognized Lilith. This was going from bad to worse. Lucius had to do something, and fast, before anything else could happen.

Coward Too late. The simple word set off the angel on a rampage and her whole body was soon engulfed in flames. All of you, get out! And clear the diner! I have a feeling this place isn't going to survive! GO!!! Lucius watched as the bathroom cleared out and soon people were leaving the diner. Lilith left the bathroom and he followed behind. Everyone was out of the bathroom, which was good, but now they had to get the remaining creatures out of the diner before the whole thing went up in flames.

They're not leaving. Why aren't they leaving? I have to get them out. I have to do something... Lilith knew what she needed to do and she also knew that Lucius wouldn't like it at all. She pulled off her sweater and let her white wings spread out, the gold tint shimmering in the lights. She held one of her knives in her hand and stood up on a table. "ALL OF YOU GET OUT BEFORE I START SLAUGHTERING YOU!!" She knew it would look strange, as she figured most angels wouldn't give their "prey" a chance to escape. But she hoped that most would leave.

Lucius stared in disbelief as Lilith revealed her wings and yelled at everyone to get out of the diner. He knew why she was doing what she was doing, but he also knew it was very dangerous. He watched as most of the creatures of the night scurried out, but a few remained, staring at the angel with curious eyes. Lucius didn't hesitate to push them out of the door until only the people that had been in the bathroom remained. He say the bathroom was completely engulfed in flames at this point and turned to the people in the diner. "Alright guys, we need to get out of here. I don't think she's going to stop until this place is burned to the ground. Let's regroup down the road; I want to make sure everyone gets out okay." Lucius looked around at everyone in the diner, making sure he knew the faces. He would go back in once they were outside if anyone got left behind.

Lilith put her sweater back on once the diner was empty aside from those she knew had been in the bathroom. She nodded at what Lucius said and then the two walked out of the diner and a short ways down the road. "Don't scold me Lucius. I did what I had to do. Leave it at that." Lucius said nothing and kept his eyes on the diner door, watching for everyone to leave.
Back to top Go down
starryeyes880

starryeyes880

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 am

Once everyone was out of the bathroom, Anja let go of the door and walked into the diner. Things were getting worse and she was worried that people would start to panic and not everyone would be able to get out. At least there were no humans left in the building. The last thing she wanted was for anyone innocent to get injured. She watched as the second angel revealed her wings and chased everyone out of the diner. Her werewolf companion told everyone left to meet down the road and then the pair left the building. The angel had caught Anja's attention and she wanted to know what her motives were. Why had she let everyone escape and why did she have a werewolf as a companion? But she didn't have time to worry about these questions. Anja wasn't going to leave the diner until everyone was out. "Alright guys, let's get out of here."

She paused when something hit her. Had anyone checked the kitchen? Anja was sure that no one was in the building aside from those that had been in the bathroom, but she felt like the kitchen still needed to be looked over. "I'll be right out." She walked into the kitchen and looked around, checking shelves and under things, just to make sure no one was inside. "Anyone in here?" No answer. She turned to leave, but stopped when a scent hit her. There was a human in the kitchen somewhere and that meant that the human was in danger. Anja continued her search until, finally, she found a little girl that she recognized as the little sister of the waitress that had served her earlier.

"Hey, sweetheart. We need to get you out of here, okay? Come on, let's go outside and find your sister, okay?" The little girl climbed out of her hiding space and Anja lifted her off of the ground. She walked back into the main room of the diner. With the little girl in her arms, she could no longer wait for everyone else to leave. She needed to keep the girl safe and staying behind was not going to do that. She walked outside to see a crowd of onlookers gathering. Police and firefighters were arriving, much to her dismay. Shit. If they go in, they're not coming out. It's not a fire that can be stopped. Among the crowd members was the waitress, tears pouring down her face as she talked to an officer, trying to get past and back into the diner. Anja walked over and smiled. "Don't worry, love. Your sister's perfectly alright." The waitress smiled, thanking Anja over and over as she took her sister into her own arms.

Anja turned to one of the police officers. "Sir, sending in the firefighters would be a horrid idea. There is a small number left inside and they are nowhere near the flames at this point. They will get out safely, I can promise that. As for fighting the fire, well, I think letting it burn out would be the best plan." She looked back at the building to see the flames burning through the ceiling. "Sending anyone in there with any kind of protection is far too dangerous, sir. I think the main objective should be to keep everyone safe as the building comes down." She dropped her voice to keep the others around them from hearing. "The fire was caused by an angel. She's furious and will kill anyone that comes near her. Please just let her burn out and then we can deal with her safely." The officer nodded and Anja walked away before she could figure out if he had taken her seriously or not. She didn't want to deal with it if he didn't. She headed over to where Lucius and Lilith ((and others? you guys can decide if your characters get there before Anja)) were standing. She glanced at each of them before looking back at the burning diner and the crowd across the road.
Back to top Go down
Glintfur

Glintfur

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Melissa was shocked as the werewolf seemed to smile at her and shook it's tail. Oh god, now the werewolves are acting like dogs. She smiled back meekly and turned to see the girl she had dragged out become an Angel before her eyes. That made her stagger towards the werewolf. Better that then her. The werewolf friend of it told them they needed to leave and then the two left. Anja then scurried into the kitchen and came out with a little human and went outside with it, leaving her with the werewolf.

She looked down at it and said as calmly as she could after a huge breath,"We should probably follow them before the fire queen finds us or burns down the diner." As she began to hurry out, her wooziness came back as the smell of the mass of humans before the door came to her. This time nothing held her back from vomiting right then and there, breakfast and all. She kneeled down violently near the door, and retched until she was shaking. She then wiped her mouth off with her hand and looked at the huge wolf and quietly said sorry. "I don't do so well with human scent at the moment," she weakly smiled. The awful smell of bile was fully in her nose and she hoped it would last as she ran outside to catch up with the group of 'friends' who happened to be caught up in the same mess in the same place. "Ready?" The werewolf didn't scare her as much as the angel did at the moment, but still the look of the eyes made her shake more so than she already was.

Standing up, she opened the door and began to walk hastingly towards the group of vamps and wolves. Halfway she had to hold her breath, the scent of vomit had left her and the road began to turn violently. Almost there, just keep holding your breath, keep holding it! A throng of bystanders were now in her way, only feet away from her destination. She knew not if the werewolf was behind her in wolf form, but she hoped they wouldn't get in her way to 'pet it'. What luck, it wasn't little kids wanting to pet a doggy, but news reporters and they ran towards her to ask her questions. They wouldn't let her by and she knew she had to take in a breath of fresh air, if you could call human stench filled air fresh. The troop of reporters about murdered her with questions, but she held fast to her goal, but finally she couldn't stand it. Breath...

The smell was more intoxicating then it had ever been for her and since she had nothing in her stomach she could not retch. Instead she violently shook and could barely hear what the humans were saying. One grabbed her and asked if she was alright and if she was sick, but she didn't answer. Melissa's eyes changed from their clear forest green to having blood hued highlights. Instantly, she knew what was happening and dreaded it. Remembering the werewolf and his form she thought of it. Not werewolf, but wolf, please! I don't want to do harm like they did... The questions stopped and the humans let her through for they thought she would faint or get sick. She took a step towards the group of werewolves and vampires, but could go no further. An eruption of heat cascaded down her body and all she could see was red. Her body had changed to that of a huge brown and light brown wolf with green forest blood highlighted eyes. A sword lay across her back with it's holder around her breast and her cloak lay upon the road. The reporters stared in shock as a huge wolf with very long fangs loomed where a girl had been. One screamed and the rest chorused and began to break up and run for it. Melissa knew not what was happening, the beasts inside her were in control. One yearned for blood, the other to suppress the other and kill the angel scent so near. A bark of hatred and hunger came from her though she had no control on her situation. Her wolf/vampire form was demanding a challenge or a meal to come forth.

In the recess of her mind that she had control of, a single thought came to her of that werewolf who had wagged it's tail at her. Help!
Back to top Go down
Taxtm

Taxtm

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 am

The fire in the room grew fainter in color, until it was a bright pearly white, and if someone had been able to see Gabriella's body through the flames, they would have seen that it was glowing the same shade of white as well. Her hands were clenched so tightly, her nails had dug through her skin, and drops of blood ran down her fingers slightly, before quickly clotting as the blood dried. Her head was flooded full of thoughts, memories, and voices, near the point where she thought it would burst.

Suddenly, to her, everything stopped, and her mind became crystal clear. It was time. The flames around the room drew closer to her, and seemed to be absorbed into her in a split second. In that moment, everything in the room was quiet. Whereas there had been the sound of flames licking at the surroundings moments before, there was now silence, almost like time had stopped.

"NOW!"

Gabriella thrust her arms upward and outward and let everything out in a flash. The result was immediate, as her body seemed to combust outward in a cylinder of blinding light. The column of light consumed everything around it, and the room, along with everything above it, vanished. As the blast quickly expanded, it engulfed most of the rest of the diner, as well as part of the neighboring building.

From outside of ground zero, it looked almost like the planet was firing a large, white beam of light through the building, and into the sky. The area around where the diner had been illuminated the streets of the city much like a lamp would in the darkness, even though it was daytime. A moment later, the light was gone, and where the diner had been, was a crater sunken six feet into the ground, and in the center, Gabriella collapsed to the ground, barely conscious.

Her head was throbbing, her vision blurry, and everything in her body hurt, but she didn't care. She'd done it. She'd shown them ALL that the angels weren't to be messed with. She'd shown them, and she'd destroyed them, she knew. Her hair drooped in her face as she breathed deeply and clenched the dirt and ash surrounding her. All was quiet around the crater, and that was blissful music to her ears.

The vermin... have been eliminated. Gabriella thought to herself, as she looked up for the first time to see the extent of the damage she'd done.

She was filled with shock to see the crowd of people around the crater, where the diner entrance had been. For a brief moment, no one moved, and both Gabriella and the people in the crowd she could see, stared at each other in silence. The crowd itself wasn't what shocked Gabriella the most though, as much as the size of the blast she'd let off. It had barely been large enough in diameter to cover the dinky diner and part of the building next door! That was it! After all of that, she'd only been able to destroy maybe a building and a half! Gabriella frowned in disappointment. It hadn't been big enough. She hadn't been strong enough for anything bigger. Gabriella weakly spread her wings as she sat on her knees in the crater, and began flapping them, rising slowly, letting her head droop again. Her arms and legs hung limply, and she knew she would have a hard time moving them. Had her wings not been stronger than her other limbs, they would be in the same state. Although, she knew that, even so, she would still have a hard time making it back to the nearest Haven.

She rose higher and higher, looking down at the crowd below.

Oh well... at least I... elimin- She stopped her thoughts short as she spotted a few certain individuals in the crowd. It was THEM! The mutts from the bathroom! Anja... ANJA was with them too! They were all fleeing the scene, and that meant... she'd FAILED!!!!!

Gabriella felt her hands twitch as she tried unsuccessfully to clench them, and the dried blood cracked, creating freshly bleeding wounds in her hands. The blood dripped downward, and with every fiber of her being, Gabriella wanted more than anything at that moment to scream out to the heavens where she was from. Unfortunately, she didn't have the energy to do more that simply maintain her elevation and flight. She turned with her wings, and flew higher, to the east, into the sky, and towards the nearest haven. She wouldn't forget this embarrassment, ever.

One of these days, Anja, I'll be back for you. I'll be stronger, and I'll be back for ALL of you, and I'll make sure you don't get away again. The job's not finished yet. Gabriella thought as she let her eyes shut halfway, struggling to keep her focus on flight. It would be a LONG flight ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mithril

Mithril

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 am

Looked like his action to make the girl stop feeling fear from him worked in some way, but the new way in which she looked at him and smiled made him feel strange like he was in some way degraded, but for him that wasn’t a problem an even if he would want to feel that way he didn’t had the time when the girlfriend of that strange guy showed her identity as angel.

Tom stared at the angel that was threatening everyone but giving them the chance to leave and as soon she showed her wings she get out of the dinner with his friend, and again for a few seconds the black wolf pondered in the strange plan of that guy and the situation he told him that angel was suffering; again Tom’s thought were cut off when the scared girl closed to him, but forced by the surprise of watching herself so close to another angel, the male almost smiled amused when the wounded were wolfess left the diner in a rush too, but holding a little girl; things were happening so fast in that place and finally that was claiming its fee to the wolf’s mind making feel completely lost and confused.

If he would be alone in that place certainly it would be his end, but thanks to the shy girl that started talking to him he escaped from his slumber and nodded with a grateful smile to then start following her knowing that she was saying the truth, being in his feral form made him easy to match his speed to the girl’s one but as soon as she opened the door something happened to her and she almost puked him, but unconsciously he jumped backwards before that happened and then the unknown young lay on her knees the black male got closer with slow steps to only hear her apologizing at him and explaining the reason of her problem. Feeling bad for the girls troubles Tom couldn’t avoid nuzzling her cheek wanting to cheer her up and when she asked him if he was ready he confirmed he was with a soft and sweet growl.

When the girl stand and started walking towards the place ‘the others’ will be waiting, Tom followed her at a short distance behind, acting like he was her pet but as they got close to a bunch of reports he got separated from her, and that crowd become a wall that keep him in one side and his supposed ‘owner’ in the other; feeling frustrated Tom rounded the army of news reports looking for a small space that allowed him to return to the young’s side, again something strange, being outside he could simple run away and escape from all that mess but something was making him stay and most strangely he was obsessed with the need to return at her side.

Tom started to growl irritated for not being able to reach his goal when the throng of humans started to scatter, finally watching a chance, the black male wolf sneaked between the humans and return to the girl’s side, but as he got closer he noted she was strange, even more than when they were at the diner, and when the girl shifted and become a wolf like him, he noticed some differences especially a peculiarity in her scent he ignored because he thought that was fail of his nose for being a place where humans, werewolves and vampires, but now no doubt existed, her scent was a mix of both species, and her overgrown fangs and the new highlights in her eyes were proof enough.

The reporters fled from the place as the girl showed one of her hidden looks, but that wasn’t worrying Tom now, the bark she made, that was the warning of something bad was coming soon; that bark was the first notice the hidden beast was trying to get control, and Tom knew too well what meant letting that happening, in that way he lose his fiancĂ©e.

Making his way to step in front of the now brown wolfess, Tom gazed at her eyes, they looked so different but still deeply in then he could saw a small speck of a soul calling for help; not wanting to let things go wrong the black male bared his fangs in a grim at the wolfess, if her slept feral side took control no other way existed to stop her than fighting her, but he hoped he didn’t need to do that, he had his own problem at hand to hand fights, and knowing that she was a mix of were and vampire he doubted he could be enough to stop her.

Tom waited for her first move, maybe she managed to take control but she’ll need help, ”Calm down, don’t let fear overwhelm you, be strong and impose yourself over the beast, it only can take control if you allow it, don’t lose this battle or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life", for second time the black wolf spoke with a deeper and growled voice, and as he ended speaking a white beam put in shadows the surroundings; feeling the overwhelming power Tom turned to see the last seconds of the show but the mark it left behind will stay for a longer time; with wide open eyes Tom saw the crater and the angel leaving the place in a slow ascending, he happily would spend more time watching the amazing hole the winged being left in the ground, but he had another matter to attend in that moment, a young were wolfess was passing by her first shifting and Tom thought and she’ll need more attention that a big hole, so turning again he gazed his feminine brown counterpart and waited while he got mentally ready to whatever could come.

((hopes this isn’t messy, I was multitasking while I write it :p ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the dreary city   In the dreary city - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the dreary city
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2